Sunday, May 10, 2009

There's more than one way....

...to roast a chicken. Surely you didn't think cat was on the menu? Which reminds me of a funny story I read about buying fresh rabbit. A few months ago when we were in Target, I picked up a copy of The Sharper Your Knife The Less You Cry, a memoir about a woman who chucks it all to attend Cordon Bleu cooking school in France. In one memorable classroom lesson, she learns that it is always wise to buy fresh rabbit with the head attached because fresh skinned rabbit looks a lot like fresh skinned cat. Meow.

But I digress. I know that I did a roast chicken a few weeks back but roast chicken is just such an easy Sunday dinner and there are so many variations to roast chicken (not to mention my kids will eat it without making too much of a fuss) that I find myself falling back on this old standard quite a bit. This version is a simple combination of rosemary and tarragon (chopped fine) mixed with some unsalted butter (and dijon mustard) then rubbed all over the bird. It's called Bistro Roast Chicken and the recipe is available via Cooking Light. I served the chicken with roast fingerling potatoes and roasted asparagus. It was all very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment