Monday, April 13, 2009

Sunday Breakfast

What with Easter family obligations Sunday dinner was not going to happen this week. So instead, I decided on Easter breakfast. Pancakes are my usual breakfast repertoire so I decided to mix it up a bit and do waffles.


My boys often make me breakfast for Mother's Day using a waffle recipe from a cookbook called Cooking for Two by James Barber. Barber died a few years ago, but was a Canadian chef known as 'The Urban Peasant'. I remember seeing him on CBC (or maybe it was CTV) years before I owned one of his cookbooks. I really like Cooking for Two because it organizes the recipes as Menus. The Mother's Day menu includes waffles and an awesome smoothie made with bananas, orange juice and yogurt.

We had an excellent Easter morning breakfast together after hunting down a seriously large stash of chocolate eggs left by the Easter Bunny. We used blueberries as a garnish. My younger son shows a serious aptitude for giving great plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment