Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Fool's Cake

When I saw a Spaghetti and Meatball Cake featured in Food Network TV magazine last month, I knew I had to try it out. And what better time than April Fool's day to whip up such a fun dessert?


This 'cake' features one boxed cake mix (chocolate), two tubs of vanilla icing, some frozen strawberries and white chocolate. You make two 8 inch round cakes from your mix, then cool. Crumble up one cake and form the crumbs into 'meatballs', which you artistically position on your 'plate', which is the other layer cake iced in plain white icing. Add a drop or two of yellow food colouring to one tub of your icing and mix. I put my tinted icing into a Ziploc bag and then piped the 'noodle' part of the dish. Puree your (thawed) berries in a blender and spoon the sauce around the meatballs. Grate some white cheese (er, chocolate) over top and there you have it - the perfect April Fool's dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment