Sunday, May 27, 2012

Black Pepper Molasses Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

These sandwiches are great when you feel like pulled pork but it's Monday night and that isn't going to happen. I didn't quite believe these sandwiches were going to work the first time I tried the recipe. I've never cooked with boneless, skinless chicken thighs before and I was a bit suspect that they would cook in 20 minutes. But cook they did, and cook well. The meat is moist, tender and made all the more flavourful by a sweet/spicy sauce that all of my boys enjoyed. I served these on little slider buns (because then I could have two) but obviously you can use regular-sized buns if you like. 





Black Pepper Molasses Pulled Chicken Sandwiches - from Cooking Light

3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1 tbsp molasses
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/8 tsp ground ginger
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 2 inch pieces
4 sandwich rolls, cut in half

Combine ketchup through ginger in a medium saucepan. Cut chicken thighs into 2 inch pieces and add to saucepan, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook stirring occasionally 23 minutes or until chicken is done and tender. Remove from heat and shred with 2 forks to measure 2 cups of meat. Place 1/2 cup chicken on bottom half of each roll. 


No comments:

Post a Comment