Monday, March 30, 2009

Roast Chicken

I went with roast chicken for Sunday dinner this week. I wanted to try the Roasted Vegetable Salad from CI but wasn't organized enough to get this off the ground. Instead I went with mashed potatoes and green beans for sides. A little predictable but Sunday dinner is all about comfort food around our house. It was a fairly pleasant weather weekend but Sunday was coolish (and by Monday morning we would have snow, but lets not go there, shall we?) so roast chicken did wonders making the house feel cozy.

Roast chicken is actually a pretty mindless thing to make: I cleaned and patted dry my bird, put half a lemon, half a chopped onion and two sprigs of thyme inside, rubbed with skin with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, threw the works in a 400 degree oven and waited for my meat thermometer to beep at me, which it did about an hour and half later. Here are the results:




No comments:

Post a Comment