Sunday, May 10, 2009

Catching Up

I'm a few Sundays behind (3 to be exact) for which I have no great excuse. So let's just get to it.

Linguine with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes is a sentimental favourite that I can't help making every few months. This was the first recipe I tried from epicurious, a website that was recommended to me by a colleague at work when the Internet was still a fad. Yes, I'm that old.

I like this recipe because it brings together a number of ingredients that my husband would say he doesn't like, yet he mops his plate whenever I plunk this down in front of him. The sauce combines balsamic vinegar, sugar, sun-dried tomatoes and basil with a bit of chicken broth. Thus far I have always made two chicken breasts with enough of the sauce/dressing for four, and we still manage to devour every last bit. This dish is also impressive enough, and easy enough, to serve company which I have many times.

The flavours of this dish can be quite strong, so the boys received a serving of plain linguine with some chicken I had pan-fried but removed before the sauce step. I drizzled a bit of the sauce over each kid plate to give it some kick; I can't say they thanked me for it. My older son thinks all pasta should be consumed drowned in V-8 juice and my younger son doesn't much care for pasta at all. So not a raging success, but a blast from the past for my husband and I who savoured every mouthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment