Sunday, April 26, 2009

Leg of Lamb

I made leg of lamb the same weekend as the Chocolate Cake I blogged about earlier. I find I keep getting distracted by my dessert dishes and forget to mention how the main course turned out. So. Leg of lamb:


This recipe is also an epicurious find: Leg of Lamb with Mint Pesto, New Potatoes and Baby Carrots. I made this dish about ten years ago for friends - the very same friends for whom I made it as an encore just recently. It really is a great dish. It doesn't have a lot of ingredients, requires minimal prep time and it cooks in one pan. All of these details may partly explain why my husband loves this recipe. Anything that can be made in one dish / one pot is generally a meal he enjoys, since he typically gets stuck with clean up duty on the days I cook.

I made this recipe for Christmas dinner a couple of years ago when it was just the four of us for dinner. Like the previous two times I've made it, the dish did not disappoint this time out. I cooked the lamb medium rare so it was a bit pink in spots. The potatoes and carrots were perfectly done and the pesto added the right amount of flavour (mmm...garlic....). A great dish to serve for company when you want something different but low stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment