Monday, November 22, 2010

Gingerbread Cake

I know I will regret admitting this, but I kind of wish there was a small dusting of snow on the ground and a few scattered snowflakes floating in the air. What is with this weather? Nearing the end of November and nary a snowflake in sight. How can I possibly get in the Christmas baking spirit without appropriate weather?

And yet, I manage. Exhibit A: Gingerbread Cake


My only quibble with this cake is that I kind of wish it was a loaf. No matter, it was delicious and very simple to prepare. Molasses, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; what's not to like? Tonight at the dinner table my oldest son told me how everyone was so jealous of his lunch today because he had a big ol' piece of gingerbread cake. If that isn't a ringing endorsement...

No comments:

Post a Comment