Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...Christmas! And not because we have a ridiculous amount of snow. Although we do. Still. More today, knee deep when I finally decided to face it at 8 a.m.. I had to shovel my yard today. My yard. So I could make room to pile more snow from the driveway on to said yard. Ridiculous!

And yet I am still in a good mood because today, despite the snow, I received an early Christmas present. Voila -

Wowza. That be a double oven. I did not need a new oven. Hadn't even considered a new oven. Then D. got an e-mail a few weeks ago through work. Appliance sale! Still not tempted. Then D. points out the (on sale) double oven. Points. It. Out. What was he thinking? Before pointing it out I could have gone on quite happily with my regular ol' oven. But now the double oven is stuck in my brain. Can't get it outta my head. When I go to make dinner I think of how nice it would be to be baking cookies while also making lasagna. At the same time. Think of how efficient I could be...if only.

And now, here it is. A Christmas gift for both D. and I, since he feels he will benefit from the double oven. So to make sure he gets value from his gift the first thing I made is for D.; a belated birthday cake:


In addition to the cake I made D. a playlist of songs, one a year from 1973 - present, all from the top 100 songs for that year. It's kind of hilarious. Like, Kenny Rogers hilarious. The Eagles. Air Supply. Nelson. Nelson!! Which I'm totally not listening to while I type this. Happy birthday, sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment